Corporate Welfare Headquarters
|January 20, 2007||Posted by Staff under Banneker, Progress Report, The Progress Report|
Important & Pithy
- Brazil Takes Aim Against Corporate Welfare Handouts courtesy of The Progress Report
- An article on the corporate welfare for stadiums and their fraudulent promises.
- Dig through The Mineral Policy Center’s news release list and you’ll find lots of information on government giveaways to private mining corporations
- Polluters Line Up for Even More Tax Breaks — news update from Friends of the Earth
You Take Control! Put Yourself in Charge and Build Your Own Tax Policy
It’s free, award-winning interactive fun.
- Corporate Welfare Gets Crushed for once! Read all about it!
- The Justice for All project, a division of the American Friends Service Committee, finds a lot of interesting tidbits.
- A direct report of a truly obscene case of corporate welfare
Good But Older Links
- It’s Time to Cut Off Corporate Welfare Queens
- Corporate welfare queens were left untouched in federal budget “cuts”
- One of the biggest targets to aim at, if you hate corporate welfare, is OPIC — find out here
- Another update on OPIC’s role in corporate welfare
Additional Organizations and Research Centers
- One of the USA’s persistent leaders against corporate welfare has been Common Cause.
- We continue to be impressed by the excellent leadership of Taxpayers for Common Sense against corporate handouts.
- For the whole scoop on all facets of corporate misbehavior, check out Corporate Watch.
Corporate Welfare Classics
- The Best Economic Justice Book of 1998 happens to be on Corporate Welfare! Can you guess what it is? Read the announcement.
- Corporate Welfare Finally Becomes a Major Issue, by Norm Solomon