New Issue of the Geonomist
The Geonomy Society publishes one of our favorite periodicals, called The Geonomist. Here's how they announce their new Summer 2002 issue:
Dear and curious friends;
The world works in wondrous ways. Did you know …
- Only one state closed the income gap, one rich in natural resources?
- Who the last tariff on softwood enriched? Mill workers or landowners?
- For the first time, Britain has more households than houses?
- In most of the US, housing costs little more than the cost of construction?
- Bus riders can retire millionaires?
- Farm size grew as the property tax on farms shrank?
- Miners who patent public land pay zero royalty?
- The IRS collected billions but credited nothing to anyone's work history?
- The Christian Science Monitor, Herman Daly, and others proclaimed common assets?
- The welcome poem on the Statue of Liberty was written by a Georgist?
- Lester Brown's latest book strongly urges shifting taxes?
- The inventor of the board game, Anti-Monopoly, teaches Ricardo and George?
Check out these stories and more in the summer issue of *The Geonomist* at http://www.progress.org/geonomy/geonom111.htm
Tell a friend, even a list of them.
What are your reactions? Tell your views to The Progress Report:
Page One Page Two Archive Discussion Room Letters What's Geoism?