A Clear, Sensible Voice Speaks Out Boldly
Ten Rock-Solid Reasons Not to Bomb Serbia
1. It's illegal by international law to make war on a sovereign nation.(Publisher's note -- these reasons were listed for us by someone named N.J. Wollman. Good job!)
2. It violates the charters of NATO and the UN (to respond only to attack).
3. Bombing has intensified ethnic cleansing against Kosovars, not stopped it.
4. Bombing has forced departure of international observers who were monitoring the atrocities and providing accurate reports of human rights violations.
5. NATO's bombing has strengthened, not weakened, Serbians' support for Milosevic.
6. Bombing infrastructure (factories, bridges, etc.) harms civilians more than military or government leaders.
7. Many Kosovars and innocent Serbs are being killed.
8. There is widespread international opposition.
9. Military strikes cost millions each day -- which could be used for humanitarian aid for refugees.
10. NATO hasn't declared a plan for resolution...there is no end in sight.
Do you have an eleventh reason? What is it? Tell The Progress Report:
Page One Page Two Archive Discussion Room Letters What's Geoism?