Eight Pithy Quotes
Interesting Quotes and Authors -- The Answers
The Quotes and Their Authors:
- "My country is the world and my religion is to do good."
- "I would no more teach children military training than teach them arson, robbery, or assassination."
Eugene V. Debs
- "I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have gotten hold of for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before passing it to future generations."
George Bernard Shaw
- "Non violence leads to the highest ethics which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
- "It is organized violence on the top which creates individual violence at the bottom"
- "What is faith worth if it is not translated into action?"
Mohandas K. Gandhi
- "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much higher consideration."
- "People Are... More Important Than Money, Power, Time and "Stuff". When People Love People More Than These, War Poverty & Hunger Will Be History."
Rev. Alan W. Hinden
Page One Page Two Archive Discussion Room Letters What's Geoism?